THE FRESHII STORY
While working as the Marketing Manager for fashion icon Oscar de La Renta in New York City, Founder Matthew Corrin frequented the many corner 'mom and pop' delis on his lunch breaks. After one too many unhealthy lunches, Corrin set out to add magic to the fresh food business. The idea? To create a model that was scalable, branded and would ultimately change the way people eat, for the better. The mission was clear: to eliminate the excuse that people don't eat well because there's nothing convenient or affordable. With mission in hand, Freshii opened its first store in Toronto in 2005 met by massive lines.
Freshii offers a menu of salads, burritos, wraps, rice bowls, yogurts, breakfast and soups made with high-quality, fresh ingredients. Since opening day - a day which was Corrin's first day working in the restaurant industry - we've learned a lot. A staple on film sets, in offices and dining room tables in Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago and across the globe - we think we're definitely onto something, too. We operate in an emerging industry we call 'health-casual'. It has all the elements of fast casual (high- quality food, that's quick and convenient) with the added focus on health and wellness.
Eat. Energize. That's our motto. We aim to provide fresh and nutritious meal choices that energize people on the go. We want to emphasize the foods you should eat more of and less on those you should avoid. We want to provide meals and snacks that help you live your best life. Think: fibre- rich, slow-burning carbs, essential fats and lean proteins. We also live by our Mission Green. We're taking a stand and want to be good to the earth by eliminating traditional industry staples: excess packaging, heavy energy consumption, and greasy processed meals.
We do all this in an upbeat environment with modern and sophisticated design that elevates dining for even the busiest of people. With over 50 locations worldwide - take the Freshii Challenge: Eat. Energize. Stop by and taste us for yourself.
When you are hungry and there is only a candy bar in sight, do you grab for that candy bar?
Now, imagine if between your hand and that candy bar, we placed an apple? Might you choose that apple? Our goal is simple: Freshii wants to be that apple.
Through our vision of ‘Eat. Energize.’ Freshii is focused on providing fresh and nutritious meal choices that energize people on the go.
LET'S BE GOOD TO THE EARTH.
- Everything you take from the store either biodegrades naturally to the earth or is easily recyclable.
- Shaking your meal in a biodegradable bag means we produce 5 to 7 times less of a carbon footprint than running even the most energy efficient dishwasher.
- Most of our packaging is made from eco-friendly vegetable starches, like corn or potatoes. It biodegrades quickly, leaving behind only carbon dioxide, biomass, and water.
- As we grow, our stores are built smaller to use less materials, use more eco-friendly materials, consume less energy, and to take less from the Earth.
- Our setup is simple: no energy-hungry dishwashers, hoods, ranges or ovens.
- We make use of online and mobile ordering and paperless marketing.
- We use only eco-friendly, natural cleaning products.
Freshii cares about giving back. We support several organizations in the community. However, due to the large number of requests we receive, we cannot honor all of them. We have annual commitments to our core causes and charities.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll review your request and will be in touch.